FOR MORE INFO: call Darlene at 978-597-0037

Mission:

To cure Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Race Day Eve, June 26th


With less than 24 hrs. until Race Time, the excitement sure is building up. The participants are hydrating, running their last warm up runs and posting on Face Book.

I did a 2 mile easy run with my new water bottles that attach to my fanny pack; think they'll work just fine. A quick last dip in the pool before a shower, load the car with the essentials and off to Boston. We are meeting Team Challenge New England plus other Team Challenge participants from all over the country. Kind of weird being the host team and it being my first time to run a half marathon. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Got to get there by 3pm for Race packet pick up, a team meeting and then a pasta party dinner! We'll see how this going to bed early thing works, LOL. Have to be in the hotel lobby for 4:30am for team pics, then load the bus to get to Hillside St. in Milton for 5:45am. This should give us plenty of time to stretch, etc. for a 6:13am start time. I expect to finish in about 2.5 + hrs. I did not factor in any potty stops, well see how that goes;)

My Husband, my Sons, my Sisters, Niece and Nephews will be cheering me on! Go Team Challenge, We are Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the link to 13.1Boston if you want more info:
http://www.131marathon.com/13_1_Boston/Travel/Directions_Parking.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment